In striking a balance between keeping our taxes as low as possible while still providing exceptional town services, we sometimes look to individual and group volunteers as well as our business and civic communities to assist in community development projects. Below is a partial list of projects that we encourage anyone to adopt in order to make our town a more livable community.
If you, your business, civic organization, church or school group would like to adopt all or any portion of a project, please contact Jeff Martin, Projects Administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling Town Hall at 615.797.3131.
- Volunteer at Jennie Woodworth Library inside the beautiful Bibb-White Bluff Civic Center
- Become a volunteer fireman
- Volunteer to conduct adult literacy programs
- Paving the parking lot at Veterans Memorial Park
- Performance stage at Field of Dreams
- Restrooms at Field of Dreams (COMPLETED! THANK YOU!!!)
- Landscaping / Beautification / Tree planting projects
- Community Center improvements (painting, flooring, new grill, etc.) (Many improvements have been made! THANK YOU!!!)
- Engineering services (intersection design, railroad crossings, etc.)
- Public art program
- Donate books, DVD, CD’s, etc. at Jennie Woodworth Library or to the Free Little Library at the Community Center
- Maintenance at Field of Dreams (sealer, paint, replace broken / missing items, etc.)
- Don’t see anything of interest? Come up with your own…let’s talk!